Film & Television
About Big Wheel Film & Television
Big Wheel was founded in 2017 to make ambitious, cutting edge documentaries, factual programmes and feature docs.
Our purpose is to be a totally modern old-fashioned indie - characterful, bold, authentic and fun.
In a sometimes cynical industry, we are a purely ideas-led company. The ideas we have are the product of things we are genuinely interested in and passionate about.
This means that we only ever make programmes we love.
It also means we make more than one type of programme.
But everything we do bears our hallmark:
a love of big questions
a fearless approach
a sense of humour.
We believe that making TV is both a privilege and an adventure.
We are backed by Ingenious Ingenious are the people behind movies like Avatar, Planet of the Apes, X-Men, Mr Turner, Selma and Life of Pi, and high end TV dramas such as Doctor Foster and The Fall.
The Big Wheel team
The Big Wheel team combines youth and experience, and comes from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Between us, we have produced, overseen and commissioned 100s of hours of television, including observational series like Exodus, Skint, The Hunt For Britain's Sex Traffickers and The Force, landmark factual series such as The Power of Art and Welcome to India, popular factual such as Embarrassing Bodies, Hugh's War on Waste and Psychopath Night, and feature documentaries including The Fall, Inside Apple Corps and My Generation featuring Michael Caine.
Why Big Wheel is a great place to work
- Free breakfast, proper coffee and fruit
- Subsidized membership of the Marshall Street gym, spa and pool
- Weekly drinks, monthly parties, and away days in nice places
- Family-friendly and flexible
- Internship scheme
- Friday mornings to work on your own creative projects, whatever they might be
- No hierarchies, just down-to-earth, happy, hardworking people
- Honesty, fairness and kindness all round
We are currently working on several series, a special and two feature documentaries.
For Germaine Bloody Greer :
- 'Fantastically salty and fabulously bracing ... Highly entertaining', Radio Times
- 'A thrilling profile ... exciting and superbly mounted', Daily Telegraph
- 'A charming, respectful, fun and fascinating film', Daily Mail
- 'Delicious ... As an hour of TV this was compulsive', The Times
- 'A terrific portrait ... Electrifying', Sunday Telegraph
- 'Groovy and important', The Sun
- 'Unmissable', Heat
Contact Big Wheel Film & Television
Film & Television